Wednesday 9 February 2011

How do I find out everything about a computer....

See I told you all I hadn't disappeared. Well here I am back for 2011. Hopefully I will be posting more often than in the last few years...Well that is the wish.

So coming back to things have you ever been in a position where you have wanted to find a serial number of the machine where it can't be reached or is no longer there.

Or how about the elusive serial number for a monitor that just happens to be buried under desk graffiti?

Or maybe you need to audit the machines to find out what you have got.

Well let me introduce you to a tool called WinAudit made by a company called Parmavex Services based up in Oldbury in the Midlands of England.

A superb tool that gets you not just a single serial number for a system with multiple monitors like you would get with a VBScript but the entire list of serial numbers for multiple screens.

This and its ability to be run remotely using tools such as psexec mean that it can make the system administrator's job easy!

Give it a try and see what you think.
http://www.pxserver.com/WinAudit.htm


No comments: